Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Synchronization Problem while burning the code

I got a avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync error while uploading the code to the micro-controller using avrdude. I tried different ways like changing the com port, reconnecting the USB cable as suggested by our TA but it didn't work for me.

Finally, i realised that the problems comes up when i try to burn the code with LCD connected to the respective pins . So, i tried with removing the LCD connectors during uploading the code and it worked out fine . This piece of text can help if others are facing such problem.

Do not let the connecting cables to touch each other. This can blow up the main IC.

3 comments:

  1. One possible reason for sync error is either RX(PORTD0) or TX(PORTD1) pin is connected to any other circuit. When we burn the code, avrdude implicitly uses these two pins for I/O over USB cable to write and read(to verify) the code to the controller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got this problem, many a times, while RX and TX pin were not being used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have got this problem many a times.The problem gets solved if I reconnect the USB.Maybe it has got something to do with the state of microcontroller.

    ReplyDelete